Third Person Camera for DOTS uses advanced features to ease the problems for content creators and players and supports a VERY wide range of genres. This asset is the ultimate package to get you started on developing games, not camera systems.
Unlike my previous Third Person Camera this is built from the ground up for Entities and Burst.
- Collision Sensitivity: A spherical collision algorithm makes sure the camera doesn't clip into any geometry.
- Smart Pivot: Sets a pivot point when the camera is hitting the ground while looking up and prevents the character from blocking the view.
- Thickness Check: Thickness check can be configured to ignore smaller obstacles like sticks, trees, etc... to not reposition or zoom in the camera.
- Over the shoulder: Out of the box support for games that use additional camera offsets for aiming without changing the rotation pivot of the character or offsetting the aim position.
- Follow mode: Automatic following of the specified target without the need to manually adjust the camera.
- Lock On Mode: An easy to setup lock on mode that keeps the player and your target in focus.
- Controller support and new Unity Input System
- Easy, one component authoring
Systems and jobs are fully bursted and jobs are all scheduled with no sync points for nearly no impact on the main thread. (exception is, syncing transform back to main camera)